For Q3 of the 2016 Finish-A-Long, I proposed ten projects and I finished five of them! Yay me! For Q4, I’m proposing
eight nine* projects and I’m really excited about all of them. 🙂 Here are the details:
*Edited on October 12, 2016 to add one more project. This edit was done before the October 16, 2016 deadline for Q4. 🙂
1. Hugs & Kisses on the Grand Canal – This pattern was designed by me a few months ago and as soon as I saw Kate Spain’s new Grand Canal line, I knew it would be perfect for this. I have the top done, so it just needs to be quilted and bound. – FINISHED – DECEMBER 8, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Hugs & Kisses on the Grand Canal Quilt
2. Hugs & Kisses Voile – I went to the Sew Virginia Beach 2016 retreat a couple of weeks ago and Lee Monroe from May Chappell was there. She had a trunk show and one of the quilts was a voile quilt she had made. It was so gorgeous! It inspired me to make another, smaller version of Hugs & Kisses out of voile.
3. Cozy Christmas – A few months ago, Lori Holt announced a new appliqué quilt. I had never done appliqué before, but her how-to video made it look pretty simple. I have three blocks done so far and I have the pieces for three more blocks ready to appliqué.
4. Maple Sky – Sherri McConnell’s new Maple Sky pattern is going to work perfectly with these fabrics from Elizabeth Hartman for Robert Kaufman. I’ve had them for a few weeks and was trying to decide what to do with them when this pattern was released.
5. Summer Breeze – When Kate Spain announced her new Latitude Batiks line, I preordered a fat quarter bundle with no idea what I was going to do with it. Then the Fat Quarter Shop released the Summer Breeze pattern using that line and I decided it would be perfect.
6. Cuzco HST Strip Quilt – I’ve coveted this line for a while, but it was out of print before I started quilting, so I never thought I would be able to make a quilt from it. I just happened across this jelly roll on eBay a few weeks ago and I managed to find enough backing fabric on Etsy. I can’t wait to get started on this one.
7. Dapper HST Strip Quilt – I’m trying to build up my baby quilt stash again, so this will be a good starting point. – FINISHED – DECEMBER 20, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Dapper Baby Quilt
8. Summer Sampler 2016 – I’ve finished all twenty blocks for this quilt top, so I just need to decide on sashing and the layout and then get it quilted and bound. – FINISHED – DECEMBER 11, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Summer Sampler 2016 Quilt
9. Pumpkins – I’ve edited my list to add this quilt to the mix. I have all the fabrics and the pattern. I just need to get started. 🙂 – FINISHED – DECEMBER 7, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Pumpkins Quilt