For Q2 of the Finish-A-Long, I proposed eight projects again and again, I finished three of them. For Q3, I’m proposing ten projects because I just couldn’t narrow it down any more. 🙂 So, with no further ado, here are my proposed projects for Q3!
1. Christmas HST Strip Quilt by Red Rainboots Handmade – I have the top finished for this one, so I just need to get it quilted and do the binding and it will be finished. – FINISHED – AUGUST 18, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – North Woods HST Strip Quilt
2. Stars & Stripes Quilt by Thimble Blossoms – I have my fabric and pattern ready to go. I’m planning to start cutting the pieces for this one tomorrow. I just need to get some fabric for the sashing, backing and binding. – FINISHED – SEPTEMBER 7, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Stars & Stripes Quilt
3. Dapper Baby Quilt using the HST Strip Quilt pattern by Red Rainboots Handmade – I just love this pattern! It’s relatively simple and quick, but it makes a really nice finished product, perfect for gifting. 🙂 I’m trying to build up my baby quilt stash again, so this will be a good starting point.
4. Meadow Mystery Quilt by Meadow Mist Designs – I had been avoiding this one because I need another project like I need another hole in my head, but then Cheryl posted some possible fabric selections and I fell in love with the Black & White with a Pop color scheme. I couldn’t resist any longer. This one will not be done this quarter, but I want it on the list so I’ll stay caught up.
5. Paradiso Beach Quilt designed by me – This one has been on my list since Q1, so I really need to get it done. The finished top has been sitting around here for over a year. I just need to press it, quilt it and bind it. It will get done this quarter!! – FINISHED – SEPTEMBER 14, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Paradiso Beach Quilt
6. Summer Sampler 2016 by Katie of Swim, Bike, Quilt, Faith of Fresh Lemons Quilts, and Lee of Freshly Pieced – I have the first eight blocks done, which means I’m completely caught up so far. The last block won’t be released until September 26, so I know it won’t be completely done this quarter, but I’m putting it on the list so I’ll stay caught up.
7. Coral Queen of the Sea Baby Quilt by Red Rainboots Handmade – I told you, I love this pattern! This quilt will be gifted at a baby shower in a few days, so I hope it gets back from my quilter in time! 🙂 – FINISHED – JULY 15, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Coral Queen of the Sea Baby Quilt
8. Cuzco Quilt by Red Rainboots Handmade – It’s getting ridiculous with this pattern! I’ve coveted this line for a while, but it was out of print before I started quilting, so I never thought I would be able to make a quilt from it. I just happened across this jelly roll on eBay a few weeks ago and I managed to find enough backing fabric on Etsy. I can’t wait to get started on this one.
9. Minecraft Quilt by Kelli at That Looks Like It Needs Stitches – The top and the pieced back are done and ready for quilting. I will be sending this one off with the Christmas HST Strip Quilt for quilting. – FINISHED – AUGUST 10, 2016 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Minecraft Quilt
10. Hugs & Kisses on the Grand Canal designed by me – I saw previews of the Grand Canal line by Kate Spain and I knew I had to have it. I was able to get a sample spree fat quarter bundle on Etsy and I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with it. I designed this XO quilt a while back when I was playing around on EQ7 and I think it will be perfect for this fabric line. I’m going to pick 28 fat quarters and make an X and an O out of each one. Can’t wait to see this one come together. This is another one that may not actually get done this quarter because Grand Canal yardage won’t be out until October, but having it on this list will keep me on schedule.
8 thoughts on “In Progress – 2016 Finish-A-Long – Q3 Proposed Finishes”
Looks like a great list!
Thanks, Emilee! I hope to get a lot done this quarter! 🙂