I got a lot done this weekend! I wanted to get the pieced backing done for my daughter’s Minecraft quilt so I could get it off to the quilter. I’d like to have it done by the end of June so I can count it as a finish for Q2 of the 2016 Finish-A-Long. I finished the borders for the top and then I got back to the Ender Dragon backing.
Here’s the Ender Dragon sections 1-4:
I finished up the rest of the sections today and laid them out to photograph, despite the wind out on the deck:
Here’s how the pieced part of the backing compares to the size of the top. I’ll add more purple around the edges to make it big enough. 🙂
I’m super proud that I got this all planned out by myself. I’m not going to be publishing my pattern, because no one wants to deal with all the silliness I went through, but Kelli has released her similar pattern on her awesome blog. You may have to flip back a few posts to find the Ender Dragon pieces. Her version will be much better than mine! 🙂