The 2016 Finish-A-Long helped spur me to complete 18 projects, so I’m going to continue with it this year! Here are my proposed finishes for Q1 of 2017:
1. Bonnie & Camille Log Cabin Block Swap Again – I’ve completed and mailed my blocks, so I should be receiving my return shipment in mid-February. I’m hoping to get them in time to finish up a quilt by the end of March.
2. Home Sweet Home Quilt – I saw this Hometown USA Quilt and decided I wanted to make something similar. I already had the Summerville kit for the center portion and the Stars & Stripes pattern for the outer border. I’m going to add a plain border instead of the pinwheel blocks around the Summerville portion and then the outer border will be flags and square-in-square blocks. I have all the pieces cut, so I just need to start sewing.
3. Summer Breeze Quilt – This one needs to be sent to my quilter. The top and backing are all done and waiting to go.
4. Cozy Christmas Quilt – This one is also ready for quilting. Hope to have it out and back soon! – FINISHED – MARCH 28, 2017 – See post here – FINISHED!! – Cozy Christmas Quilt
5. 2016 Temperature Quilt – I finally completed all my temperature observations for 2016 and got all my pieces cut. Now I can start sewing them together. Each block will have two rectangles – one for the day’s high temperature and one for the day’s low temperature. I will also have blocks for the name of each month and then a couple of fillers to get the right number for the size quilt I wanted. This one will be good for some mindless sewing when I don’t want to have to think about what I’m doing too much.
6. Boo Swoon Quilt – I’m participating in the 2017 Swoon Along on Instagram and I decided to do a Swoon Sixteen with Cotton + Steel’s Boo line. All my pieces are cut, except for one fat quarter that I miscut, so I’m waiting for the replacement fabric to arrive and then I can start sewing this one too.
This should be another fun and productive year! 🙂
7 thoughts on “In Progress – 2017 Finish-A-Long – Q1 Proposed Finishes”
You’re all organized and prepared for a wonderful Q1! Do you hand cut all your fabrics or use a cutter like Accuquilt or Sissix? I love the idea of cutting all the fabrics in advance but it seems like a lot of work doing it by hand.
Beautiful list of projects. Good luck on your finishes
That looks like a very manageable 1st quarter list. =) I am looking forward to seeing more of these projects.
Love the colours you’re using for your Swoon. I know that that’s something I want to do, but haven’t gotten that far yet 🙂
Great projects and an achievable list I think! The temperature quilt sounds like fun and it’s always good to have some mindless sewing on the go 🙂 Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.