So far this year, I’ve finished 18 quilts and other sewing projects. I’m hoping 2017 will be just as fruitful.
My goals for 2017 are as follows:
1. Use up a lot of my giant fabric stash. Seriously, I have too much fabric and I need to use it instead of buying new for every project. My fabric closet and my credit card will both appreciate this. 😀
2. Participate in at least one BOM. I love BOM quilts, especially mysteries, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
3. Participate in at least 6 swaps.
4. Finish at least 10 quilts.
5. Start and finish my Temperature Quilt for 2016. I’ve almost finished my temperature observations for the year, so starting after the first of the year, I can cut my blocks and start putting it together. 🙂
6. Finish the hexies for my 10-Year Plan Quilt.
7. Complete a reading challenge. I chose the The Chronological Sherlock Holmes Challenge for 2017-2018. I will probably not follow their prescribed timeline because I want to finish by the end of 2017. 🙂
9 thoughts on “2017 Planning Party Linkup”
These are big goals Laurel but judging by your success last year I’m sure you can meet them. Enjoy your swaps.
I’d like to see before and after photos of that giant fabric stash. If it is like mine, it seems to spontaneously grow. No matter what I do. But, a worthy goal, and I wish you the best! Lovely goals, generous and fun.
With as active as you are, I imagine that you will be able to achieve your goals for 2017. Thank you for linking up, and I hope you have a wonderful year ahead!
Laurel, that sounds like my kind of list =) Especially the part of using the giant stash – hem hem. Otherwise, BOM’s, Swaps and quilts sound as if they will keep you busy and hopefully happy along the way. Good luck for 2017.
I am on a fabric hiatus until I make a dent in my stash. But I buy mainly thrift so I have already saved in that realm.
Popped by from the planning party.
17 finished quilts!! Wowee!!! I can’t wait to see what you d this year 🙂 So are the 10 new finishes all from stash? Or are you still allowed to go shopping? I love this reading challenge… I’ve just had a quick sqiz and I may sign up with you. I have read a few of the Sherlock Holmes stories, but I’m never sure if I’m reading them in the right order, which makes me feel all kerfuddled – thanks for th elink 🙂
Wishing you much success in surpassing your wonderful goals! They are truly great ones! I like Pat Sloan’s BOM’s if you would like to chedk her out. She has her fabric requirements out and will start in January. Best wishes!
Great goals for 2017, I look forward to following your quilty adventures!
A good list of goals. I’m with you on goal number 1. The stash needs some significant reduction this year. Good luck with your ambitions for 2017.