Well, it’s about time I finished this one! I think this started out as the Spring 2015 Mystery Quilt for a Cause by Heather Spence Designs. I got the top done pretty quickly, but then I couldn’t figure out how I wanted to quilt it. I knew I wanted to use red thread, but that was it. I finally sent it off to Robin at Ormond Beach Quilts for her to work her magic. The quilting on this one is so pretty!! I decided that I wanted to do a flanged binding as well to help bring out the red quilting. I used a wonderful tutorial by Karen Miller at Redbird Quilt Co. The tutorial has a ton of pictures and great instructions, so it was so easy to follow.
Here’s the finished quilt:
This is a detail of the quilting and binding:
Here’s what happens when you’re trying to take a picture on the deck on a windy day:
#quiltphotographyproblems 🙂 🙂 🙂
This is my third finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long – 2nd Quarter.